Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Girl Problems

I'm having a few minor problems with my little girlies and am wondering if you have any good suggestions.
First is my little Alyson.

She is very good about brushing her teeth. In fact, if I forget she will remind me. However, I haven't been using toothpaste for quite some time because she eats it. She won't spit it out but swallows it instead. We have practiced spitting water in the sink, but she won't spit the toothpaste out. She just swallows it down. Any suggestions?

Next girl problem: Taylor

One of Taylor's jobs for the past year, if not longer, has been to make her bed in the morning. It's not her favorite thing, by any means, but she does it. Lately, however, she completely refuses to sleep in her sheets. She sleeps on top of the covers with a blanket we keep at the end of her bed. That way she doesn't have to make her bed in the morning. I get complete breakdown, sobbing hysterics if I make her sleep under her covers. I keep thinking if she gets cold she's climb under, but this has been going on well over a week. Should I just leave it alone and figure she'll get over it? I've been trying to do that, but it makes me a little crazy. What do you think?

4 comments:

s g said...

lewis still doesn't spit...he swallows...I was thinking of letting him rinse with a little cup and so there was more to spit...she will live...cute pic of her at the beach...that is too funny about taylor and her bed...I don't know what to tell you about that one...maybe ignore for a few weeks and then try again?

brittany said...

i am in love with the picture of alyson at the beach so cute. my kids swallow the toothpaste too. i just buy the kids stuff and cross my fingers that they live to see another day ;)

as for the bed thing, I have no idea. good luck with that.

TNS MOM said...

LOL too funny. My kids eat the toothpaste, figure it could be healthier than some of the food I give them so it doesn't bother me. The bed thing is also too funny, sorry to laugh, I just see the picture in my mind. I'd let it go and see how long she lasts. You could always slip her under the covers after she is asleep and then act like she must have done it the next morning if your worried she's cold. Kids, how dull would life be without them.

GustoBones said...

Ya, I was going to suggest the safe to swallow toothpaste. You know the infant kind? Probably not too good to swallow either, but better than the regular kid's toothpaste. Who know what will work for Taylor, sounds like she doesn't want to have to make her bed. Maybe some type of reward of making her bed, but only if she sleeps in her sheets? I know it isn't the best to reward behavior that should just be expected, but who knows maybe it will help?