Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stuart's First Triathlon

What a wonderful day! We finally, after a month plus of no internet access and several months of dealing with a very old, yucky computer that barely worked, broke down and bought a new computer. I'm soo thrilled I can actually download my pictures right to the computer as opposed to going to Costco to put them on a disk and then downloading them from the disk to the computer--way too much work.

Anyway, I am thrilled to be blogging again. I have tons of fun posts, but Stuart wanted me to start with the most important event (at least for him) so far this summer. Stuart did his first triathlon on June 14th at Blue Lake. His brother Steve (who is a well seasoned tri-athlete) and his parents came up to give him support (plus his cute girls were cheering him on). Steve did the triathon with him and gave him lots of tips and suggestions, fixed his bike, and got him all ready. It was wonderful to have everyone here.

The big day we had to leave at 6:15 am so we wouldn't be late. It was a good thing we were so early. I've never seen such long lines to use the porta-potties in my life. Here's Stuart getting into the wetsuit. I was suppose to take careful notice so I could help him when Steve wasn't around.














Here's Stuart coming out of the water. He said the swim was the hardest part. I was a little worried he might drown, even though he had been swimming in the pool at the club for months--I was very relieved to see him coming out.

Next is the bike event. I actually didn't get to the bike transition area until after he had left, and I couldn't get a picture of him on the bike. I did, however, catch him coming back after the bike ride. Last was the run. I got a picture of him on the way out, but the best picture was when he crossed the finish line (he wanted the beat a 12 year old girl that had been passing him and then fallen behind--speaking of which, I couldn't believe how many young kids 12 and up were doing this thing. Amazing!)Here they are--the Triathletes. We were so proud of him.
Stuart, overall, loved it and is planning a longer one for September.
Stay tuned for more fun summer blog posts to come!












































4 comments:

brittany said...

I can hardly believe my eyes, a post from the Robertson family!!! I am thrilled. Congratulations Stuart! You are amazing, but we already knew that. Ryan wants to do the Portland Triathlon at the end of August, are you in?

ellen said...

yay the computer is working! yay for stuart! we are all so proud of you! glad you are back online:)

eric and girls said...

yay Jen, we have you back

GustoBones said...

Nice to see you back online! Looking fotward to more posts!!