Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween week--a little late

I know Halloween is past and gone, except for the candy that lingers on forever. Also, I know I'm falling behind. S was out of town most of the week last week (and the week before, for that matter). I never had time to sit down at the computer. Soo sad, I know. Sooo, here's our Halloween week, just a little late.

First, we had our trunk-or-treat on Friday, the 24th. The ward did a great job, with games to play, food to eat, a glow room, a movie room, and last...trunk or treating. (We parked a little too far out, so I had to borrow a friends trunk to give out candy).You might be saying, "Wait a minute--I've seen these costumes before." And you would be right. M is wearing A's old princess costume. A is wearing T's old Tinkerbell costume (with red shoes--we tried to change those). Actually A had a couple options, unlike M, but wanted to be Tinkerbell. That left us with only having to find a costume for T, who wanted to be red riding hood (for a few years now--And next year as well). Happy day!T doing the cupcake walk.M playing pumpkin bowling.

Next, because both our husbands were out of town, my friend Ellen, invited us over for dinner-in -a-pumpkin. Sooo fun! I can't say my kids ate a ton, but I loved it. I think this may have to be a tradition. (Of course, S is a little wierd about food--we'll have to see.)The kiddlets, all ready to dig in.Dinner--It looks a little stewish, but it's not. The main ingredients are rice and ground beef. I thought it was yummy! And very festive.

We finally got around to carving our pumpkins on Thursday night (I was waiting for dad to be home--he's good with sharp objects).Everyone was very into the pumpkin carving. My job is to take pictures and sort out all the pumpkin seeds for baking. Kind of slimy, but sooo yummy. Also, don't ask why S is still in a white shirt and tie. "I know what I'm doing. I'll be fine".T, cleaning out her little pumpkinTrying to keep M from eating the pumpkin seeds and gunk.Finished product (minus dad's pumpkin--he was inside, very maticulously at work carving away.)

Finally, it was Halloween! (I know this is a long posting--I'm soo sorry. Stick with me. We are almost done)Here's the girls, ready to go out--Ms. M stayed home to hand out candy with dad.Some friends of ours have a trailer they decorate and take the kids around to look at scary houses in the neigborhood (the driving was a little scarier than the houses, but the kids LOVED it.) What a fun idea.They stop the trailer at a few houses that are known to give out lots of candy.After the trailer ride we finished the night by trick-or-treating with friends. This is A with her sweet friend. She (A) was soo tired by the end of the night I had to carry her home. You would think she would have gone right to bed, especially since she had no nap. That was the plan. No, we got home and had to check out the candy and run around crazy for a bit. I love Halloween, but Hooray that it is done for another year.

4 comments:

brittany said...

your girls look adorable! did you make t's costume? it is very cute! looks like you guys had a great halloween and week leading up to it. it's good to be back and close to the event planner that is jen. i can hardly wait to see what you have in store for us, that is if we're worthy :)

GustoBones said...

Looks like a fun week indeed! I love that hayride idea, so fun!

Cammie Malaga said...

HI Jen!!!! It's Cammie - I clicked on Heathers link hoping it was infact the Robertsons I knew and was happy to find out it was! Your girls are absolutely stunning!! I'm so happy for you all - I can't wait to tell Steve you have 3 daughters! Is your oldest ( I love that you just use their initials, I may have to copy so I don't have to go private) going to Fishers Landing? It looks like it???

j and s said...

Cammie Malaga--Goodness gracious! I am THRILLED you found me. Do you have a blog? If so, send me your address (I might go check on Heather's blog) How are you and your sweet family? How old are your girls now--soo good to hear from you!