Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Fu-Fa!


Today is my younger sister Alyssa's birthday! Happy Birthday to you! (Alyssa is on the left, than me, and then my youngest sister, Emily.) When Taylor was little she couldn't say Alyssa, and somehow came up with Fu-Fa. (I have no idea how she got Fu-Fa out of Alyssa, but I thought it was cute and did all I could to encourage it).
Some quick Alyssa trivia for you:
*Alyssa (and Emily) use to memorize trivia pursuit cards, so she is very hard to beat when we play--She can even get the sports questions.
*Alyssa hates to get up in the morning.
*She was the founder and president of the bridge club in high school.
*Alyssa know everything about history and the US presidents.
*She likes poetry, and her son's middle name is Walter, in hopes he will be a poet.
*My daughter, Taylor's middle name is Marie, the same as Alyssa's, in hopes Taylor will be like her aunt.
*Though she originally wanted to be a lawyer (she likes to argue her point), she got a business degree and works part time for a great company in the Tri-Cities.
*She makes a wonderful apple pie.
*She had two pet guinnea pigs, named Napolean and Napolean's wife's name (whatever that was--I forgot)
*She was on the stardards committee at Ricks.
*Alyssa is an avid reader.
*She has always been a good example of a follower of Christ.
*She is one of my favorite people on the planet and I often call her for advice because she is very smart.
Happy birthday Alyssa! I love you!
(I haven't mailed your present yet, but you'll get it soon:)

5 comments:

brittany said...

Jen you are the cutest girl I know! I love the picture of you and your sisters. I can't believe how different you guys look from each other!

s g said...

Sisters are the best...did you know I have 2 sisters also named Alyssa and Emily? That is so funny..my 2 younger sisters Emily and Mary are coming for the weekend and I am so excited.

TNS MOM said...

Your sister sounds amazing Jen. It must be so fun to have a sister. I hope to experience a little of that joy(much later in life I'm sure LOL) through my girls.

GustoBones said...

What a sweet tribute to you sister! Happy birthday to her!!

brittany said...

I'm dying to hear how the birthday went.