Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Shopping for a new ward!

Okay everyone, before I continue with this post, let me say we LOVE our ward. It is filled with WONDERFUL people who are truly amazing. They are angels. Last week is a perfect example. I had gotten sick. I had Stuart make one phone call to cancel pre-school (I was suppose to teach the next day), and before I knew it, I had people watching my children for the next two days and bringing me dinners. It was amazing! No, we are not shopping for a new ward--we love our ward. However, this funny thing happened on Sunday that made me laugh.

Stuart has been traveling a lot for work lately. Two Sundays ago he was gone, then we had general conference, and then he had to be gone this last Sunday, again. It makes church a little crazy, but really I only have to survive Sacrament meeting and then I'm fine. (BLess the primary and nursery workers, and Ashley Marshall who always takes Madelyn so I can teach my class). Back to Stuart. This last Sunday Stuart had enough time before his flight to attend the Cascade Park Ward (that meets at 9 am in our building) sacrament meeting so he could get a little church and take the sacrament (He invited me and the girls to go with him, but I thought one sacrament meeting would be PLENTY.) He came home from church and basically had fallen in love with this ward. Actually, mostly it was the activities the ward was doing. THursday night was a debt reduction/budgeting class (Stuart's favorite topic ever--In fact, he still wants me to go because "You take good notes." Whatever!) Friday night the ward had a chili and pie cookoff (If you know Stuart, he is very competitive and also thinks he's a master chef). Saturday morning the stake (That's right, this isn't even our stake) is having a 1mile walk/5-k or 10-k run, which he is really into at the moment. To end the week, Saturday night the ward Elder's quorum was playing dodge ball/ family potluck. Quote Stuart, "I've always wanted to live in a ward that plays dodgeball." I thought the whole thing was pretty funny, but that also meant we got to spend the drive to the airport talking about how if he was ever in our ward he would remember how fun it is, which is such an important part of church anyway (And to help him remember how fun we are I signed him up to be in charge of a booth for the Trunk or Treat activity at the end of the month). Also, we had to talk about if he isn't careful he is going to be the next activities director and will be hating life (at least I would be hating life, but I'm sure there are people who would actually enjoy it--I'm just not one).

I had thought the experience was kind of funny (my mom laughed about it when I told her), so I figured I'd add it to my blog. I sat down Monday to write about it, but got distracted. Then, when I did get back to it, I decided it wasn't as funny as I thought it was and not blog-worthy, so I deleted it, but apparently I didn't delete the title. That, in and of itself, was kind of funny. So to everyone that called or commented, No, we are not really shopping for a new ward. We love our ward and are here to stay. (probably:))

2 comments:

brittany said...

I love that you posted this anyway! CP is a great ward that I love and always will, here is my question to Stuart, if you always wanted to live in a ward that played dodgeball couldn't you have made that happen in all your years as the EQ president??

s g said...

very funny, but I was a little worried you were looking to move...so glad you aren't! We need you and your cute family to stay :)