Sunday, September 7, 2008

It finally came!

Some of you know that my parents had decided to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We had all been waiting to see where they would go. They put they wanted to do a one year mission, so we thought they would stay in the States. While we were in the Tri-cities over Labor Day the mission call came. I was thrilled I was there when they opened it.

My parents were a little suprised. They were called to the Philippines for a year and a half. I can't remember the exact name, but it's north of Manila. They leave Dec 1st. I'm already missing them, but it will be such a great experience for them. My parents have always been wonderful examples of disciples of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know they will touch many lives. Congratulations Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

eric and girls said...

Congrats to your mom and dad. My dad served his mission over there as well.

Dorri said...

Hey Jenn, found your site from Jessica's hope you don't mind me reading it.
So excited for your parents. My just got their call too, they are going back to Russia, this will be their 4th, they've served in Scotland, Cambodia, Russia and now back to Russia.
It's been fun to catch up on your family, can't believe how big your girls are, and that you have 3 little ones know.
Dorri

GustoBones said...

That is some big news!! I guess I haven't really talked to you in a bit. It's sad their leaving a few weeks before Christmas, but they will be doing such a great thing! You'll have to take many weekend trips to see them in the next couple of months!

Babydoll said...

I guess the Lord had different plans for them! That is exciting news. I know it will be hard for you, because I have had grandparents serve missions, and that is hard enough. Congrats to them!