Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Zoo and Japan


Hello! Another lovely week has passed without too much excitement. No one missed the bus this week, no major falls or scraps, we made it to curriculum night, and everyone got their homework done--at least for last week.






Wednesday was early release, so T had no school. It would work out much better for me if early release came on Monday or Friday, but Wednesday is fine. We went to the zoo. We have a Zoo pass, so I like to get as much use out of it as possible. We went over alone, but met up with some friends at lunch, much to T's joy. I actually have tons of pictures of my kids at the zoo, so I didn't take many pictures, but they did have some baby animals on display, and there is nothing cuter than baby animals. This is the new baby elephant that has been in the news lately. He has a name, Sam-something-ku, but I can't remember it. I'm sure it's on the zoo webpage with pictures. They call him Sam, for short. He was very fun to watch.There were also baby Worty Pigs on display. The worty pigs are a little on the ugly side, but the babies are darling, running all over the place. There is also a new frog exhibit, which is really well done. There are activities for the kids as well as lots of varieties of frogs. Here's the girls with their friends on the way out. Ms. A likes to blend in with the animals when we go to the zoo:) I had two, almost three asleep on the way home, but since I was the third, we are all happy I stayed awake.


Saturday we spent part of the day at the Japanese Festival at Uwayimaya's, an Asian market in Beverton. The girls loved it.There was marial arts displays, a stage with different groups performing, crafts for the kids to make, and tons of booths. One booth had students giving free masages. Both Stuart and I had one--a little wierd, but it felt good.

This was called the Live Goldfish Pond. Basically, you pay a buck and get to fish for goldfish with the net. Then you can take two home with you. This was T's favorite thing, but we did not take home any fish. Crazy!The girls got airbrush tatoosAnd met Hello Kitty. We also ate yummy (greasy) food and --Happy day for S--Hawaiian Shaved Ice.
Ms. M came away with no cuts of bruises--Hooray!
T and A came away with balloons, necklaces, bags, but no squishy pig (dad said no and then when we went back they had run out). Also, what a beautiful day! It was actually on the warm side. Got to soak in as much sun as possible to make it through the winter:)

3 comments:

GustoBones said...

Looks like such a fun weekend and zoo trip too!! I need to take the kids over to see that baby elephant one of these days!

brittany said...

It looks like such a fun day for you guys. I miss the zoo.

Babydoll said...

I miss living so close to a zoo. You are so great to get out and do fun things with your girls. I know it takes a lot of energy, and I just have one!