Sunday, September 7, 2008

T's first day of Kindergarten

Friday was T's first day of Kindergarten. She was SOOO excited. The school district here does something called Smart Start, where the kindergarten class is broken into thirds and a third goes Wed, a third Thurs, and the last third on Fri. T, of course, was in the last third. (A friend told me they do it by last name). Anyhow, Friday she picked out what she wanted to wear, put her backpack by the door, and waited and waited for the time to come to head to school (Of course, there was also the dash over to the neighbor's house to get her shoes she hide there from the night before--love it).


Doesn't she look little to be going to school? I tried to get her to wear pants, as she would be going out to recess, but she wouldn't go for it.


Ms. A wanted to be in the picture, too. (She starts Pre-school Tuesday, so look for posts on that next week).


Here she is in front of her classroom. And can I say I LOVE her teacher. I use to sub for her quite a bit my first year I lived here. She is a very happy, lovely person.
Doing the counting jar. It was about here I gave her a kiss good-bye and got all teary. How embarrassing! Tomorrow she gets to ride the bus for the first time. I'll probably be a wreck again.

9 comments:

Silly Teacher said...

your girls look just like you!!

Courtney said...

I too was a little teary-eyed with Sofia. The girls are getting so big. I thrilled I got to see you this summer, and they'll be many summers after.

p.s. www.courtneysanto.com/blog

eric and girls said...

Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday you brought me dinner while I was still pregnant with Taylin and Taylor was in her little baby seat. We are having another baby, I am about 11 weeks now so exciting.

j and s said...

Sandy--Congrats, that is fabulous news!

ellen said...

YAY! you are back!!! oh kindergarden....full of happiness and much joy! you and all us moms out there had a good cry (or 2) for the first day/week of school. we got on the bus today in one piece! hope you did too! yay for all of you! and love the beach pic of the fam for your banner! and YAY parents serving missions. make them find the nebeker boy! there is much rice to be had in the in the philippines! (sp?) what wonderfully happy posts! cant wait to see the preschool pic!

GustoBones said...

Oh, what cute pictures of T. What a big day!! I hope she has been enjoying school!

TNS MOM said...

It is just crazy how time flies. Taylor looks so cute and I can just picture you being all teary-eyed. I'm sure the whole first week will be emotional. Before we know it our girls will be chatting on the computer and going to prom, I guess I better savor the moments. We miss you guys.

s g said...

Of course she had to wear the skirt, what a cutie. I am sure I will be teary too, I was a little choked up just at pre-school this week, but kindergarten will be another story.

congrats on the mission call as well, 2 years is a long time, but it will be so great. love the new picture on your banner!

Babydoll said...

That is insane! She started school! I can't believe she is old enough. Your girls are as adorable as ever.