Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last Weekend

I meant to get these pictures downloaded Monday, but life has been to busy.
Last Saturday we dropped S off at the airport bright and early. He had to got to a conference in Florida for multiple days so after dropping him off we continued on the the Tri-Cities to watch conference and visit family. I didn't think it through terribly well. My mom was watching my sister, A's three children for the weekend so it wasn't very calm--fun, but not calm. After the afternoon session of conference my mom, sister E and myself took the kids down the the rivier to feed the ducks. That is always an adventure for all. T is afraid of the ducks and geese and screamed until she was safely standing on a park bench.A likes to kick the ducks and geese that get too near to her. She lures them in with the bread and then kicks them. My mom was appaled. We are working on Ms. AM wasn't afraid of the ducks and geese, but didn't quite know what to think of them, either. She did love running off after her sister or whatever caught her fancy. With so much water around, she made me nervous. This is T with her favorite person in the whole world, her cousin B.Sunday we ran over to visit S's parents for the morning session of conference and lunch. The girls loved running around outside once conference was over. The girls helped grandpa pick tomatoes for lunch--Yummy! I think we managed to make sure no green tomatoes were picked. At home M is always bringing me green tomatoes.Here the girls are visiting the shells--They love to bring different shells to grandpa and have him tell them about it.

Lastly, we went back to my parents for the last session of conference. My mom earned her wings by helping my girls and their cousins make a Halloween gingerbread house. This is not a tradition we will continue when they are on their mission. The black frosting stained anything it touched, be it the counter, table, clothes, hands, whatever. Somehow, much to T's great joy, we ended up taking it home. I have now eaten all the purple balls off the top. Soon it's heading for the garbage--maybe while T's at school. It might take her a while to miss it.


Lastly, it wouldn't be a trip to the Tri-Cities without "moving the cows". I think my dad has lost confidence in my abilities, now that I'm a "city girl". My job was to stand on the deck and watch the kids, all two of them--both T and A were out helping.

It's a little embarrassing.

This is A and her cousin C and their sticks. They were actually WAY out of the path of the cows, but they wanted to feel like they were helping.

We ate dinner and drove home--A long drive but everyone fell asleep. Happy day. I'm going to miss my fun weekend get-a-ways once my parents are on their mission. A year and a half isn't so long, right?

4 comments:

brittany said...

i guess we won't take t to the duck park tomorrow :) what a fun weekend with the fam! i love updates on the robertson blog. they make me smile. see you in the morning. yay~!

Babydoll said...

Scared of ducks and geese? That's too bad. My hubby did get attacked by a goose once. I guess they can be scary. Sounds like a very fun-filled weekend.

GustoBones said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!!

TNS MOM said...

Good times, isn't family wonderful!