Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Joshua Scott Ringer

This darling little boy is my cousin's son. He was born one week and one day after my T. Last Tuesday I got a phone call from my Aunt B letting me know that Joshua was hit by a school bus and killed. I can not tell you how heartbroken I am. I can not imagine anything worse. My brother and sisters and I love our cousins and their families. We tried to figure out how to make it to the funeral, but due to the speed of the funeral and the location we couldn't. I am so grateful to have a knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know families can be together, even after this life. I am so grateful to my Savior who made that possible.

Please hug your children a little tighter and give them extra kisses. I forget what a tremendous blessing they are and I regret I had to be reminded in this way. I am grateful my cousin and his family understand the plan of salvation and know that Joshua has returned to his Father in Heaven. I know they know they will see Joshua again. I know they know our Savior died so we can live again. I hope that eases their pain a little. They are an amazing family. I try not to brag about how cool my cousins are, but trust me--this family is amazing.

As I said before, I was not able to attend the funeral, but the eulogy has been posted. If you care to find out what a truly remarkable boy Joshua was, take a trip over to http://manhattanmelody.blogspot.com/, but have a tissue handy. I am grateful to know that families are forever, through the gospel of Jesus Christ. So let us hold hands, never say "hate", name our cars, visit people, and keep all our cookies. Thank you for touching our life.

7 comments:

brittany said...

Jen, I am so sad to read this, our thoughts and prayers are with all of your family right now. It is so reassuring to have the gospel in times like these. Thanks for the reminder to hug our kids a little tighter.

Silly Teacher said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry! Hugs to your family.

s g said...

I am so sorry about your cousin's family. Life is so short and we need to cherish more moments. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Jessica said...

I am so sad for you guys. How awful, you and your family will be in our thoughts and our prayers.

ellen said...

sweet jen, i am so sorry....i am so selfish and didn't even know that you had been going through this. our prayers are with you and your extended family. what a testimony of the gospel he leaves with those that he has never even met!

TNS MOM said...

That is so sad, I can't imagine the hole that would leave in a heart. I keep the program from a 2 year old's funeral in my jewlery drawer so that every morning when I see that little angels face I remember to love my kids a little more that day and to remember what is important. I hope in time your family will find a way to heal.

Erika said...

Oh, Jen! I am so sorry to hear about this! What a shock it must have been to your whole family. I can't imagine losing a child. My thoughts are with you and your family. He is a sweet boy!