Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let's start with February

I know it's been a while since I've written. I'm soo sorry! Life has been slightly chaotic, but then, when is it not. Let me try to update you as to what we have been up to these past few months.

Let's start with February. We spent Valentine's Day weekend in the Tri-Cities. Friday night my in-laws watched our kidlets while S and I went out to dinner. It was such a treat! S took me to the same restaurant we went to on our very first blind date. Good food, and not so awkward as before.

The next day, Valentine's Day, we watched multiple basketball games that our nieces and nephew were playing in. It was so fun. It inspired us to sign T up for spring basketball--that, and the fact she screamed and hid from the ball while playing with her cousin. She's too much like me:)

That night we went to my sister's house for a family dinner. My sister is living in my parent's house while they are on their mission. They are doing amazing with all the cows, chickens, cats, dogs, etc.. Anyhow, we had dinner with my two sisters and their families. (We did Olive Garden take-out--Yummy!) And that is sparkling cider everyone--don't get excited. Also, we broke out The Chocolate Fountain. It was kind of fun, kind of a lot of work, and kind of messy. The kids, however, loved it.It might have been better if the kids were in bed. They required lots of monitoring.
It was fun to spend the weekend with our families. Sadly, we had no cow experiences to report.

The other event in February was my birthday! Unfortunately, S had to work in Sunriver the weekend of my birthday. Since the idea of spending my birthday weekend alone with the girlies wasn't that appealing, we all went with him. I had never been to Sunriver. It was fabulous! We took the girls ice skating,

played in the snow (which was patchy, but the girls didn't mind),and celebrated my birthday (with a mostly yucky snickers cake from the only grocery store in town),

The next day we checked out the High Desert Museum, a recommendation from the great Ms. Brittany. It so happened that we went on the day everything was free. A credit union in Bend was sponsoring the event, so not only was it free, but there were tons of people dressed up, doing demonstrations and explaining things. It was very interesting, after we waited 30 minutes to get in and find a spot to park.


Overall, we had a great weekend. I was glad we didn't stay home--I probably would have been grumpy.

1 comment:

Babydoll said...

That was nice that you were able to go to Sunriver instead of being home alone with the kids for you birthday. And Valentines weekend sounded like a lot of fun too!