Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter

I know I have been so bad about blogging. I have major issues with our computer. I won't go into it all, but the bottom line is we need a new computer. Today! Anyhow, when I talked to my mom on Sunday she was giving me a hard time about my lack of posts, so I promised her I would do a few. Even though it's a little late, here are some Easter pictures.


This is Taylor and Alyson after THE Easter egg hunt. We changed our travel plans to attend this thing. (That sounds impressive, but what that means is we went to the Tri-Cities a day later than planned.) But seriously, we LOVE this hunt and weren't going to miss it. This is the second year this amazing family (mostly the wife--Karen Hill) in our ward has done this easter egg hunt. As you can tell my the number of eggs in my girls' baskets, there is an incredible amount of eggs (I think 1000 or so). The family has a beautiful, huge back yard that is broken into three areas by age group. There are also golden eggs to be found worth prizes, the Easter Bunny herself is there, and this year there was a most colorful easter egg contest. A BIG thank you to Karen Hill! The girls had a wonderful time.


After the egg hunt we headed to the Tri-Cities to celebrate Easter with family. That morning my mom called to tell me my father was throwing up (guess we won't be seeing you guys--So far my kids haven't got that awful flu that is going around and I'd like to keep it that way). We had planned to stay with Stuart's family, but it was a bummer not to see mine on Easter. However, it was probably more of a bummer for them. Sounds like Easter was very quiet at my parent's house.


Easter Sunday was great. After all the bunny and egg fun it is nice to have a day to remember the real reason for Easter. Church was great, Stuart's mom and dad made a scrumptious dinner, I got to take a nap, and we visited with Staurt's brother's family. A wonderful day. Here are some pictures we took of the girls after church.

This is Stuart's favorite--the Charlies Angels pose. I put Alyson's hair in curlers the night before and it turned out REALLY curly.

Here's my little Madelyn (even though she's not that little) She'll be 9 months in a few weeks. They are my sweet, sweet girls. (most of the time)
We were also able to see my sister and her kids and my parents before we came home--makes me happy. It was a fabulous Easter Weekend.

3 comments:

lauriemcmurt said...

Jen, that Charlie's angels picture will definitely be in the calendar next year! How cute! The girls are adorable. We wish we could see them and you guys more often! Take care!

Silly Teacher said...

I keep checking faithfully! very cute!

brittany said...

hooray for an update! your girls are adorable, I love the Charlie's Angel pose.