Monday, April 7, 2008

Taylor's Field Trip and Dance

Don't be too shocked. I know--two postings in less than a week, but I think I'm on a roll--That and Stuart is out of town tonight. I have more time when he's gone, for some reason. (Maybe because I haven't cleaned up the dishes from dinner yet and probably won't until tomorrow:)).

Also, I just finished my month of teaching pre-school. It was actually pretty fun. The only problem is I usually use the time when Taylor is in school to get things done. As a result I have been a little behind this last month. BUT..happy day! Tomorrow starts a whole new month with Ms. Shantel as the teacher. Love it!
My month's theme was transportation--good stuff. As the closing field trip we went to the Pearson Air Museum (Brittany and Sara would have a cool link to the museum website right here, but I'm not that good yet:).) It was good, but probably aimed at older kids. There was tons to see and read, but not as many hands-on activities as I would have liked, though the ones they did have entertained them well--The kids could have stayed at the model aircraft carrier the whole time. Also, they have flight simulators that I thought would have been awesome, but they were locked up--sad day. However, the kids still seemed to have fun. Here are a few pictures from the event.
The preschool group (not counting Alyson and Cole.) Notice Taylor's awful shoes. Not only are they bright pink, but they have Dora on top. I hate them and would like to throw them out, but Stuart bought them for her and, of course, Taylor loves them.
Taylor, our future pilot. Alyson, not so into the pilot thing.

The field trip was Wednesday. Friday was observation day for Taylor's dance class. We had no idea about this because we had missed the class the week before. Fortunately, we were on time for a change and I had my camera in my bag. Unfortunately, I had Alyson and Madelyn with me (which made for interesting picture taking), hadn't really done Taylor's hair that morning, and didn't quite manage make-up myself. Oh well! Here are a few shots from the observation day.

Taylor loves her dance class. Her teacher, Ms. Jessica, is the greatest. She is soo positive. It was fun to see some of the things She is learning.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aww! They are adorable. Were you teaching your co-op preschool or the French preschool?

Great museum!

GustoBones said...

Fun pictures! Your girls look adorable!

Silly Teacher said...

Do you do joy school? Me too and my time is done. rachel loves it. She just turned 4 in Jan and acts MUCH older and acts like ME! Poor child. Your kids are so cute and they all look like you. sorry I didn't post your comments earlier...same problem as you..we are needing a new computer soon. Love, Jenn

s g said...

I will have to get details from you about that museum...I am thinking Lewis would love it. I am sooo glad you are back to blogging!! Your girls are adorable in their easter dresses and I am dying over your Dora shoes comment...:)

ellen said...

yay! i didn't even see that you were back to the blog! we all have the feast or famine thing with blogging, no worries! your girls are adorable, the museum was delightful, and easter was spectacular! WE LOVE DANCE WITH YOUR GIRLIE! good job you!