Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lincoln City

Last week Stuart had to work in Lincoln City, which is right on the beach. It was Spring Break, so Taylor had no preschool and we were free to go along. I hate to have her miss school, even though it's only preschool, but I also love traveling along with Stuart when we can. This was a great spot and I think we're going to have to come every time. We left a little later than planned, but still made it in time to watch American Idol. Staurt was trying to get a room with a Jacuzzi on the balcony, but when they found out we had kids with us it was a big no go--soo sad. One of my FAVORITE things about staying in a hotel is trying out the different kinds of soap, shampoo, and conditioner. This hotel had a mint theme going--I can't remember the name, but I loved it. I even took the used bar of mint/oatmeal soap home with me, along with the half-used shampoo. Stuart thinks I'm wierd.
The next morning Stuart went to work and the girls and I went down to the beach to play. It was a perfect beach day (for Oregon), lots of sun and no wind. So the girls and I are happily walking along, picking up shells, random rocks, and various other objects,
(notice the jacket and rain boots. Gotta love the Oregon coast in April--or July:))
When we look up and notice there is this guy walking towards us in a full suit and tie.
It took a moment for it to register that it was my husband. Stuart had gotten done early with his work, so he came to find us. It was pretty funny to see this guy on the beach in a suit and tie, dress shoes, the works; nice to have him there, but kind of funny, none the less. We didn't stay too much longer after Stuart came. He had more people to see and I think he got tired of people staring at him.
Here's our latest family picture (The couple that took the picture asked Stuart about his "beach attire").
And here's our latest picture of the girls. Quite a fun little trip. Stuart even let me run into the outlet stores all by myself for some quick shopping. We'll have to come back for more.

5 comments:

brittany said...

what a fun trip! stuart on the beach in a suit is hilarious. the girls look so cute in their sunglasses. oh we miss those girls and you of course!

GustoBones said...

Looks like fun! It is nice to have the freedom to take off when Stuart does. I remember we did much more of that before K was in school. Glad you guys had such a good time.

Rebecca said...

Very cute! I love the outfits on the girls.

Babydoll said...

Fun trip. Bet you wish the weather was more like it is here in St. George. Mostly in the 80's. Crazy! But we don't have any access to the beach anymore. So sad!
Boston

Erika said...

Such beautiful little girls! I'd be staring, too. How many people do you see on the beach in a suit unless they are getting married, or the best man? I miss the coast!