Sunday, April 26, 2009

The big event in March

The big event in March was we FINALLY got our house sold. Rejoice! Actually, it officially closed in February, but the people let us rent it for a month, hoping we would fine a home to move into. We didn't. Well, we did, but things didn't work out with that one and then we found another, but that didn't work as well. We ended up moving into the apartments down the street. They have worked beautifully for us. There are a few things I would change, but overall, they have worked out just fine.
Some funny things with packing:
1. S was out of control with the packing. The first thing he packed up was all my food storage/pantry. I had no food to cook with. Not necessarily bad, except when the kids get hungry.
2. While packing the living room S found a bag behind the piano. He asked me what it was and I said probably something the kids threw back there. He pulled it out, yelled, and dropped the bag. It was Bob--as in bobcat. I don't know if you remember my December post about the co-op white elephant Christmas party I went to, but Bob made his first appearance there. Since then he has been traveling around, "visiting" different homes of those in the co-op. After the initial scare, S saw the humor in it. I laughed so hard I was crying. T wanted to keep Bob, but he has since ventured on to another home. We loved having him and I couldn't have planned it better to have S find him.
Scary looking, huh...It 's the eyes.
3. This is what happens when you are busy packing and not paying attention to your two small children.
Thank goodness we had already packed up all the scissors or who knows what might have happened.
We need to say a BIG thank you to the ladies from church that came in and helped me clean my house. It was so so so so helpful. I also had people bring in dinners and men helping us move. We were really overwhelmed by all the service people provided for us. My visiting teachers were amazing. They showed me how to be a better visiting teacher in the future. My co-op group brought us dinners and lunches, as well. Like I said--We were overwhelmed with love. Thank You!

2 comments:

Babydoll said...

You sold your house? Are you just planning on moving in the area, or what is the reason for the move? I love the crazy stories about what happened during packing.

Erika said...

I'm still reading...I didn't know you were moving! Where are you going? (I'll keep reading) Little girls...I love the make-up job on little M. We did eye-liner this morning...these girls should get together! We miss you!