Sunday, April 26, 2009

On to March

Little Ms. A turned 4 the first part of March. After MUCH debating, she finally settled on a theme of "Going on a Bear Hunt". In pre-school Ms. Katie read that book to the group and A loved it so much Katie sent in home with her. I would read it and A would say, "Read it again". I can almost tell the story without the book word-for-word (the adjectives always mess me up, though). Anyway, I was leaning toward the bear hunt theme, T was in favor of a My Little Pony party. Fortunately, Ms. A choose wisely.

The invitations told everyone to wear clothes tht could get dirty.
Here they are, ready to listen to the story. After, we got ready to "go on a bear hunt". S tried to scare them by telling how we sometimes have bears try to get into our garbage cans--nice. The long, wavy grass.The cold, icy river (I don't thing those are the right adjectives--I sometimes make up my own:))--Oh, and a big Thank you to Ellen for letting us borrow her brand new, never used blow up pool for the kids to tromp through.--Kisses! Also, looking at these pictures you might be asking, who is this party for, T or A? That's a good question! Next year we might arrange for T to be somewhere else.The oozy, gooy mud--S wouldn't let me soak the garden boxes, so it wasn't nearly as exciting as it could have been. So you get the idea, we also went through the dark, something forest, the snowstorm, and added in a mountain because the kids could climb up the toy structure.

We ended in the deep, dark cave. Of course, S was the bear. There was only one little guy that jumped--everyone else thought he was halarious. We had gone to the dollar store and bought stuffed bears, so all the kids could take one home.Don't be scared about the state of the shed--it added to the "hunt"--really.

Lastly was cupcakes and ice cream. I thought about doing a bear cake, spent hours, well, one, looking into it. Then I thought about doing bear cupcakes, but ulimately settled with chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles, because that's what I do--cupcakes. I will cry when my kids decide they want a cake--or go to the store and buy one.

Also, a side note--my mom bought that "4" candle for T's fourth birthday and somehow we saved it--I have no idea how or why. T found it and decided it HAD to go on the cupcakes as well.
Whew...one more party down! Happy (late posting) Birthday Ms. A. Our life wouldn't be complete without her. She brings sunshine and hugs everyday.Also, don't mind the crazy hair and ribbons--That's just how it is sometimes:)

1 comment:

Babydoll said...

What a really fun idea. I bet the party was a HUGE. And cupcakes taste just as good as any fancy cake, so who cares!